Critical thinking is the ability to think clearly and rationally, using information to solve problems in our teams and organisations. It is an essential business skills that allows us to think outside the box, spot consequences and inconsistencies, construct and evaluate arguments, identify relevant ideas and systematically solve problems.
This Critical Thinking & Problem Solving seminar enables delegates to apply the skills of critical thinking and problem solving in the global knowledge economy so that they can deal with change quickly and effectively. They will return to their organisations able to analyse information from diverse sources to solve problems.
This training course will highlight:
- Strategies for applying critical thinking in teams and organisations
- Solving problems using the range of techniques available
- Understanding personal preferences and adapting them to situations and other people
- Practical applications of critical thinking and problem solving tools in the workplace
- Developing critical thinking and problem solving skills within teams and business units
During this training course, participants will develop the following competencies:
- Recognising when to use critical thinking in business situations
- Thinking clearly and solving problems rationally
- Analysing information from diverse sources in solving problems
- Developing, evaluating and selecting new ideas
- Critical self-reflection and self-evaluation for justifying decisions
The programme combines presentations that share both theory and industry best practices with practical sessions in accordance with adult learning and learner-centred learning principles. Overall, 60% of training will be experiential and 40% will be theoretical.